3.21.2013

0 to 8k My Way (Off Topic)

If you've been anywhere near my Facebook page lately you know that I ran my first official race last Sunday on St. Patrick's day, the Shamrock Run 2013. Which is kind of odd as I didn't really "race" or run for time and I don't drink green beer. 
The weeks leading up to the race I kept focusing on distance and it wasn't until the morning of the race that it hit me "I'm going to be running alongside thousands of people. Am I going to hate this?!" It took me the first mile to figure out how to navigate my way around. It was tricky as I'm trying the Galloway Method of run/walk combination, but I found my rhythm.
All in all I think it went pretty well and it was fun, which is key. I'm even thinking of doing another one in 3 weeks, Bridge To Brew -- oh yeah, there is no shortage of organized runs, races or beer in Portland, Oregon.
I'll tell you what I will change for next time. My training. I do NOT suggest doing it the way I did it this first time. I trained for about 7 weeks, got lazy and stopped, got sick, got even lazier. And then decided to run the 8k the next day. I got through it and was ok but seriously don't do what I did. 
So on that note, I'm heading off on a run. Thank you for letting me share my latest adventures in exiting my comfort zone!

Do you run? How is your training going? Would love to hear from you.
xo,
Gina


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...