2.06.2013

Help! Must..beat..insomnia.


I had an amazing day yesterday. I went out for a run, in the cool (but do-able) Oregon rain, I came home to a couple of hours of dance practice/class prep time, taught a class and stayed for the Zumba class that followed.  It was move, move, move. 
It's been a while since I've done that and it feels freakin' awesome! Finally, I'm back! There is no denying it. There is nothing like that high from that physical flow of energy. I'm thrilled to have arranged my schedule and commitments to allow me to give time to all these physical and dance activities that I want, no, NEED to do. But there's one tiny downside to it….

I can't sleep. Aaargh. I'm so amped up I just want to keep going. All I can think of is "What route should I run next time?", or "What new drills can I do next week that implement more arms?", "I'll definitely try that new combo too.", "I wonder if Bellydancestore.com has new costumes?"
And forget it. If I open that laptop and start looking at costumes it's over. Not only am I not sleeping, but then I start getting the shopping itch. 
So instead, I thought I'd come here and ask for your advice. How do you beat insomnia?
What do you do on those nights that you lie awake in bed, counting glute squeezes instead of sheep? That's normal right? Counting glute squeezes?

Here I am, wide awake at 3am thinking that this might not be too conducive to another awesome day today. Booooooo.

Please help. Your advice wanted.

xo,
G

PS Ok. Yes, you got me. I did go online. But not for very long and not to shop. And I did find this handy exercise website: Passion 4 Profession -- I love watching that little guy workout with such good form!

1 comment:

  1. Well...Goddesses do not get much sleep to begin with! ;)
    My question to you is....what time are you doing this Belly dance class and Zumba? Becuase I've heard, and I don't know if it's an old wives tale, that exercising late in the evening is not good, for exactly this reason...it interferes with sleep.
    So maybe cut out the late night extreme exercise (Zumba) and try the hot bath, read a book route...
    Happy Snoozing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...