4.04.2012

abc's of bellydance...wanted: M's & N's


It's "ABC's of Bellydance" time! Welcome. This week I'm looking for any bellydance terms that begin with the letter M and N that you can come up with. First let's wrap up the last segment's business.

Last weeks winner: Marcie Vargas! What did she win? She won an autographed copy of Carrie Konyha's "Tribaret Bellydance" DVD! Thanks Marcie Vargas for playing with us!

This week's giveaway: $10 iTunes gift certificate

How to play: 

First, please subscribe to my blog or twitter account -- those options can be found on the column to the right of this article. If you are already subscribed, Thank you!
In the comment section below, give as many bellydance terms, phrases, concepts, names ideas that begin with the letters M & N.

Onto this week's letters M & N, I'll get it started:

M is for:
Maksoum is an Egyptian rhythm. Watch this GREAT tutorial on the Maksoum/Maqsum Rhythm.




N is for:
Ney/Nay is a wind instrument is commonly heard in Middle Eastern music.

Here is a wonderful example of Nay being played by Reda Bedair.





Ok those are my entries, what are your bellydance M's and N's? Let's hear 'em!
xo,
Gina

2 comments:

  1. M is for...

    Mira Betz! I adore her. I learned so much and was so inspired when I took the "Mira Mania" workshops at Plaza de Anaya last year.

    Mardi Love, part of The Indigo.

    N is for...

    Niyaz, one of my favorite Middle Eastern bands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melaya Leff, a flirtatious folkloric dance using a scarf-like garment as a prop.

    Nebtidi Mnain El Hikaya, the song I danced to for my first solo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...