2.20.2012

adjust goals {+ dreams} accordingly

I read a post on one of my favorite blogs a couple of weeks ago that I cannot get out of my head. It's so simple, so basic (the best ones are) yet so relevant.

From Seth Godin's blog -- no he's not a bellydance personality but he's a genius. His posts are pearls of wisdom I enjoy every single day. If you're not familiar, you must check him out. A couple of weeks ago he wrote:
"Fear is the dream killer, the silent voice that pushes us to lose our passion in a vain attempt to seek safety.
While you can work hard to dream smaller dreams, I think it's better to embrace the fear and find bigger goals instead."

So often, without realizing we hide our true selves by trying to fit inside our neat little lives. Lives that we planned years ago, lives that don't fit us anymore.
After all who are we to want more? How do we even get more? We don't have the money. We don't have the body or the clothes…STOP. Seriously stop.

How's that working out for you? How does that feel? Yeah, playing it safe is way overrated, don't you think?

Seth's advice is golden. It's time to dream bigger. Don't downsize your true self to fit outdated parameters. Don't let boredom (aka: fear) command your space. Is it time for an adjustment?
Tell me, what goal adjustment will you make today?

xo,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...