11.21.2011

message about massage

When was the last time you had a massage? It had been embarrassingly long between massages for me -- finally had one last week! I say embarrassingly because really it's not a luxury, especially if you are constantly pushing and challenging your body such as dancers or athletes. Or how about the hours you spend a day sitting in one position still taxing your body...and mind.  Basically, massage is for everyone.
Really as a dancer this should be part of your regular self care. You can't afford it? Nope. I don't buy it. Can you skip the Starbucks trips? Can you put aside 2 bucks a day for a month? That pretty much would cover a massage once a month. Are you worth it? You better believe it!

I'm not just saying it because I'm a trained and certified massage therapist (had a practice in SF, not many people knew that about me ). I'm saying it because I was just on a massage table a few days ago and it was  absolute bliss. I really feel if everyone had a massage once in a while this would be a better world. No I'm not exaggerating. 

In our dance world we are fortunate to be surrounded by amazing bodyworkers. I know there are many more out there but for now I'm going to drop three names. If you are interested in booking an appointment for yourself or for a friend let me know and I'll connect you with:
Amy Breiling, Brandye Asya or Jessica Walker.

If you are a massage therapist or know of one that you can refer please comment on here or send me a message I am putting together a list of such services. 

So again I ask, when was the last time you had a massage? Or better yet, when is your next appointment?

2 comments:

  1. Amy Breiling11/22/11, 7:40 AM

    Wow, Gina! Thank you so much for the shout-out! While you're right about putting aside just a little bit a day, I'm also a big fan of trade. I trade massages for dance classes, pedicures, waxing, facials, and chiropractic treatments. I would love to trade for hair cuts and even costuming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the stress of life can make us forget our health and body. It's good that you took a day's rest at least to de-stress... I love massages too. Other than making me feel lighter and limber, it seems to erase a lot of problems too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...