7.27.2011

Tribal Paradise

I found the dancers! Well kind of. I heard back from a local instructor by the name of Colette that teaches out of her studio called Scarlet Thistle Studio. I love the studio name.
Colette of Scarlet Thistle, Oregon
It's no secret that my dancing definitely leans toward Egyptian but hey I'm on break --good time to do something different right? Besides it's fitting that while in Oregon I check out the tribal scene as that is how it all started out for me so many years ago. Colette also informed me about another local teacher that I hope to meet her name is Dezadera. At first glance she does seem to dance more on the cabaret side.
Dezadera, Oregon
So I pretty much find myself in a tribal dancer's paradise. Listen to this, I'll be visiting the aforementioned studio and meeting the beautiful Colette, who danced with Fat Chance Bellydance by the way. Then I'll be dropping by none other than Rachel Brice's very own studio Datura, in Portland.
Rachel Brice's studio in Portland, Oregon
 The plan is then to take in some of the performances and/or workshops of Jam Ballah Northwest! I have a couple of friends teaching some of the workshops that weekend, for example Severina of Znama Dance Co.
Severina of Znama Dance Co, Oregon 
Another friend I hope to see is Delpha and her husband David Reihs. Some of you may remember Delpha from her Turkish workshop in Tucson last year. Wow this didn't start out being a bellydance trip  but here we go!

Stay tuned I definitely want to keep you posted with pics and more info. I hope your summer is a great one as well!
xo,
Gina

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so jealous of your non-dance-vacation dance plans ;) Sounds like you're going to have such a wonderful time, and I can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fly me out there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi AJ! Yes I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...