11.23.2009

I am thankful for...


Hi Y'all,
It's been a while, but we're pickin' it up again. It's Thanksgiving Week, whether you celebrate it or not I wish you and your loved ones a happy long weekend.
Of course, we don't have to wait for a designated weekend to express our gratitude for all we have (or don't have) in life.

If you haven't, however, taken time lately to give it some thought I encourage you to do so now. It's the quickest "feel good" remedy I know. It's quicker than a margarita, and that's fast!
I'm absolutely certain we all have a more than a few things to be grateful for and I trust that you will all find the perfect way to show it. As for me, I'm going to take just a tiny bit of space here to share my gratitude with you.

I am grateful for...

-you the reader. Thank you for checking in and taking the time and interest in how things are going in this little corner of the world.

-having reached 31 weeks of a healthy pregnancy this week. My baby girl is nice and healthy and it looks like we have a great chance of making it full term without any complications. Thank you to the caregivers, technology, my health, everyone's prayers and good thoughts --whatever it is that is making this possible.

-my husband who has supported, motivated, inspired, balanced, advised, nurtured and loved me just as I am.

-family. Both the members I keep in touch with and the ones that are too cool to call or write -- I know you guys care!

-friends near and far. The ones I speak to on a regular basis, the ones I speak to once a year, the ones that only facebook me. I love you.

-the Safar Dance Co. girls. They keep me young at heart, those girls are something else. They work so hard, they love to be challenged and they trust me. It' means so much to me. They continually inspire me.

-every single dance student in my classes. How fortunate am I? How many people have the pleasure of sharing their art form with women that are not afraid to step out of their comfort zone? I'm talking women of all ages, backgrounds, paths. It is absolutely amazing. I get to dance and play with the high school student, the woman who is raising 4 kids and working and the woman who is about to be the next Chemistry PhD --all in the same week! I am truly blessed.

-my teachers in all areas of life. Those people that motivate me to be a better person. Thank you.

-dance. I am so grateful for dance.

-experience and life in general. As low as the lows can get, there is a high close by. What a ride!

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace and gratitude."
Denis Waitley


What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Gina,

    I am thankful for you. This post put tears in my eyes. I love how loving, generous, compassionate and thankful you are in your many roles.

    love,
    ~Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you visiting and taking the time to comment. I truly appreciate it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...